Listening/Viewing Activity

 Stream DECO*27 - ブループラネット (Blue Planet) feat. Hatsune Miku by ShockerZapper  | Listen online for free on SoundCloud

One of the aspects of Japanese culture that I love is its music.  Vocaloid, a genre that utilizes vocal synths, has always stuck with me.  Hatsune Miku, depicted above, is probably the most popular Vocaloid voicebanks and was the character who introduced me to the community.

Miku's 16th anniversary was August 31, and the producer DECO*27 released the song "Blue Planet" to commemorate the day.  The song had many references to a similarly named Miku song "Sand Planet" created for her 10th anniversary.  Listening to "Blue Planet" made me reflect on the growth of the Vocaloid community as well as my own involvement in it.

砂の惑星 feat.初音ミク - Single by hachi | Spotify

In addition, I have started watching BanG Dream! It's MyGO!!!!!, a girls band anime.  I enjoy listening to the music from the live-action BanG Dream (Bandori) bands, since some of the voice actresses play their own instruments in live concerts.  I was hoping to watch the MyGO anime sometime, but thankfully, the English Bandori channel is releasing limited-time screenings of the anime with subtitles.  I've only watched the first 4 episodes so far, but each has been absolutely amazing.

MyGO!!!!! | BanG Dream!(バンドリ!)公式サイト

Comments

  1. Vocaloid is super good and Sand Planet is a good song! Some artists I like are Kikuo and Maretu, do you listen to anything from them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm a fan of both producers! One of my first Vocaloid songs was actually a Kikuo song.

      Delete
  2. Yayyyy!!! Go Vocaloid!!! Please give me some recommendations, I really want to dive into the community through an expert's point of view.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment