Viewing Activities and カタカナ

 Ever since I traveled to Japan, I have been getting recommendations for posts on Japanese convenience store finds.  Convenience stores in Japan are pretty different from those in America; they tend to have lots of delicious snacks.


I don’t understand exactly what the posts are advertising, but nearly all of them feature words in katakana (アイス、スイーツ、etc.).  Understandable, though, as they do seem to have a ton of new, often seasonal, sweets releasing every week.
Another thing that pops up on my recommended feed is Japanese gachapon releases.  Gachapon machines provide randomized capsule toys, many of which are related to different anime/media series (at least, that would be my best description of it).  Again, these posts contain lots of katakana, especially when dealing with media relating outside of Japan.




Comments

Post a Comment