Revisiting Songs

 For this week, I wanted to write about the music that I have listened to for the past few years.  I have been a fan of Vocaloid music since middle school, even though I knew almost nothing about the Japanese language.  Throughout high school, I began listening to Japanese music outside of Vocaloid.

One of my favorite artists on Youtube, Kyaami, has posted multiple Vocaloid covers of various popular Japanese songs.  Below is a really nice cover of Kenshi Yonezu's "Ghosts of the Sea" by Hatsune Miku.


Listening to this cover again, I can pick up a few words/grammar phrases from my Japanese studies, as well as a few kanji in the subtitles.  Overall, I loved the way Miku's voicebank was tuned, as we don't usually hear her lower-pitched voice in songs.  I would recommend checking out the rest of what Kyaami has to offer as well!

Comments