Anime Recommendations

 


I finally found some time to relax and use anime to listen to more Japanese material.

...

In reality, while I do enjoy watching anime, I did rush to finish watching the first 12 episodes of BanG Dream! It's MyGO!!!!! before the English channel removed them from their website on Thursday.  Sure, it was quite dark at times, but it was one of the best that I have ever watched.
Compared to other content within the BanG Dream franchise, MyGO was much more realistic and really embraces the idea that forming a band will not always be easy/fun.  It acknowledges the humanity of the characters, showing that they, as well as the band as a whole, are not perfect.
I highly recommend watching this anime.  Although the art style may feel a bit odd/awkward at first, it shouldn't distract from the plot as a whole.
Now, only Episode 13 remains on the channel (and will be taken down sometime this week), but I do not recommend watching only the last episode.  You don't want to risk spoiling yourself.

Outside of the anime itself, MyGO has great songs.  Two of my favorites are Mayoiuta (top) and Shiori (bottom).






Comments